Custom Backgrounds and FM Logos on MY16 and MY17 Sync 3

Started by Au{R}oN, August 08, 2018, 21:11:44

Au{R}oN

New MY18.5+ Sync, factory equipped with Sync Version 3.2 and 3.3, contains some new features such Background Change (limited to 4 preloaded picture) and FM Station Logos, available only for some new vehicles such Ford Focus MK4.

Installing these versions on old APIM is not possible, unless you Jailbreak the unit or use hardware mods to read/write the flash memory.

While it's true that Background Change come free with the installation of these versions, you can't still set Custom Images, and enabling FM Station Logos require some code modifications and a packages available only on new Sync MY18.5+.

Mine

Why can't we not see, in a new Mustang,  the Stationlogo.
The new Mustang has Syny 3.2/3.3?
Whats wrong with this Konfiguration?
Best regards

Mine

Au{R}oN

Yes, some new MY19 mustang comes with 3.2 software.

Assuming that the car has the logos package installed (you can see that from the IVSU Diagnostic menu), the packages name are 1U5T-14G658-AB or 1U5T-14G658-AD...to see the FM Logos you must change the asbuilt configuration to enable the ExtendedDAB feature.

The address that need to be changed is 7D0-02-03   x*xx
You can set it to 4 to make it work, BUT, due to some compatibility issue, on your mustang it may not work. The problem seems to be the ACM, that for some reason cannot recognize the logo path.

I can confirm that FM Logos does work on the following cars:
Focus, Kuga, C-Max, EcoSport

And doesn't work on:
Mustang, Mondeo (Fusion), Ranger, S-Max

Obviously make it work (on compatible cars) on old APIM require software modification, OR module calibration update, because on MY16 and MY17 the ExtendedDAB wasn't present.

Mine

Thanks,

in the new Mustang, in Build 3.2/3.3 is the packages 658 AD include and how i write, doesn´t works.
I think, i change the APIM 7D0-02-03 - x*xx to 4.
Now is there 0

At last i see a Mondeo with the Logos. He has change the APIM and the Logs works. I don´t no why

Best regards
Best regards

Mine

Au{R}oN

You saw a Mondeo with Logos?? That's s new to me!

Mine

Yes,

he change to a Focus Modul. After Theo he set with UCDS, Enhanced DAB and will show the Logos.
Best regards

Mine

Au{R}oN

The APIM is not important, of course it must be MY18.5 APIM... but that's all.

What about the ACM? what does he did? Used OEM Mondeo APIM or used the Focus one?

Mine

Only change the APIM and the konfiguration.
From ACM he don't write.
Best regards

Mine

delsorbof

Quote from: Au{R}oN on March 10, 2019, 09:00:32

Yes, some new MY19 mustang comes with 3.2 software.

Assuming that the car has the logos package installed (you can see that from the IVSU Diagnostic menu), the packages name are 1U5T-14G658-AB or 1U5T-14G658-AD...to see the FM Logos you must change the asbuilt configuration to enable the ExtendedDAB feature.

The address that need to be changed is 7D0-02-03   x*xx
You can set it to 4 to make it work, BUT, due to some compatibility issue, on your mustang it may not work. The problem seems to be the ACM, that for some reason cannot recognize the logo path.

I can confirm that FM Logos does work on the following cars:
Focus, Kuga, C-Max, EcoSport

And doesn't work on:
Mustang, Mondeo (Fusion), Ranger, S-Max

Obviously make it work (on compatible cars) on old APIM require software modification, OR module calibration update, because on MY16 and MY17 the ExtendedDAB wasn't present.

So, If I will modify the address in APIM, I can see the FM logo???
I've got a Ford Kuga 2017

Au{R}oN

If you have a MY18.5 APIM yes.

If you have a MY16 / MY17 apim there no way to do that without touching the system.

Mine

Where is the problem, to show the logos in My 16 / My17?
Best regards

Mine

Au{R}oN

Version 3.0 doesn't support FM Logos, and, calibration files for MY16 and MY17 doesn't support ExtendedDAB value

You can enable logo with MY16 M17 by upgrading calibration files to a newer one (or editing QML files), but you still have to install version 3.2+, and without jailbreak or direct access to the flash memoery it's not possible.

Mine

Thanks, :(

I thought I would to install 658AD and then I was very keen on hearing the results

best regards

Best regards

Mine

circoloco90

Helle, How Can add new background? I have EcoSport 2018 with Sync 3.3
Thanks

Mine

I ask him,he changed the APIM  adress with UCDS to " Enhanced DAB ". That's was all, it's works.
Only in DAB.
In FM he said, that's on Focus works.Then we must look to a VIN from a new Focus.
Best regards

Mine